Thursday, April 11, 2013

The People

It is by no coincidence that I ended up coming to Ghana.  It was strong answers to prayers, and a series of miracle after miracle that I was able to come and for that I will be forever grateful.
     
I am going to miss walking by saying “Good morning” as they smile with bundles of goods on their heads and a baby on their back, hearing the kids “Obroni, Obroni”, at the stations hearing “plantain” or “pure water”, squeezing in the taxi or tro tro and seeing the expressions on their faces, the delicious red red, fufu and all of the food, hearing the roosters, goats, and chickens day and night, walking in the bush, fresh fruit, markets, fabric, seeing the impossible be possible, the beautiful jungles and the list continues.  But whenever people ask, “What is your favorite part of Ghana?” there is no question about it.  The people.  I have never met more charitable, loving, grateful, friendly, happy and humble people.  No one is perfect, but we all can do our best.  I pray that these people will be blessed because they have changed my life in more ways than they will ever know.  Truly they have given me a perspective on life that has changed me as a person.

Coming to Ghana is like looking at the big picture of life.  Getting caught up in the day to day rat race sometimes it is easy to forget, but when you have so little and rely on the Lord so much life is very different. 

Today I am in Ghana and after a 30 hour flight, I will be back in the USA.  But as I land in the USA I will have Ghana in my heart forever.  







1 comment: